Friday, January 9, 2009

A Snowy Run . . .


I left work at 11:30 in order to be home by the time Ladd was supposed to get home at 12..... At 12 it was really nice out, sun was shining and roads were clear. Ladd's replacement didn't show up for work so he had to work until 3. By three the weather had changed DRASTICALLY. We had a fresh inch of snow on the roads and they were slippery. We left our house at 3:30 (after shoveling the driveway). Ladd's thought was that the trail would be the best place to run as the roads had gotten slippery and the snow was coming down pretty hard. We headed to the Chippewa Trail. It was nice, no ice, BUT 4 inches of snow. I felt like a plow.... I need to get nine miles in sometime this weekend. Didn't happen today, we did 4 slow, difficult, beautiful miles. Then shoveled the driveway again upon arriving home (another 1/2-1 inch had fallen).

Tomorrow I had a group run scheduled and we were expecting 10-15 people. I cancelled that via email this morning at 7. Very disappointing... I planned this run a month ago, and was expecting some possible new members, guess I will just plan another.

Sunday, Ladd and I will head out for my 9 mile run. Ladd will probably do 6 more, for a total of 15, as he is preparing for the "Last Chance for Boston" in Dublin next month.

We're supposed to have another 10-12 inches by tomorrow at this time. So no running tomorrow, movies, games, hot chocolate and relaxation! Sounds good to me!

OH AND MORE SHOVELING!~! :)

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......

Dan Horvath said...

Hi,

I'm about 90% sure I won't make it, but just in case, what time is Ladd heading out for the run on Sunday? I have to be at the store at noon, and the only way I could make the run would be to run first and then head right over... OTOH, I don't know if I'd be able to pick my feet out of 12" of snow for 9 miles. I'll most likely stay home.

Cheers,

Dan