Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Old Man Winter Dumped the ICE!

Lisa and I planned to do speed work tonight. I headed to Marcs to get salad at 5:30, got there no problem, in out and off to Claggett. On the way to Claggett I noticed it was getting a little slippery. I pulled in right behind Dan DeRosha, and started running with him after his first lap. He and I did two laps before Lisa got there, when she got there she noted that it was getting worse on the roads. After a couple laps Lisa decided to go home. After 2 more laps so did I (and Dan left one lap after me). Leaving was difficult, just walking to my car was a chore!!! I backed out of the parking lot and slid down the road a few feet, when I finally got to go forward, it was like driving on glass, sliding right, left, all over, took me over 20 minutes to go the 4+ miles to get home, slow and steady. Lisa got home safe and I hope Dan did too!

I did 30 minutes of aerobics, and will try for speed work again tomorrow afternoon.

Kids are rooting for no school!!! wow, guess I am too! If they don't have school, I won't go to work!

So going to bed with a spoon under my pillow and my pjs on backwards, we'll see if it works!

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Made it just fine. A little hairy in spots. And lots more sirens too. Watched our dog have all her legs go out from under her and land on her belly when she went out a few minutes ago. I felt bad for her, but she did look pretty funny. Better luck tomorrow!