Sunday, January 18, 2009

Re-Cap of My 2008 Running Year - Ladd


I started running in July 2007 because Marsha's twin brother made it his goal to beat her in a 5k and he ended up getting hurt and not being able to run anymore and never did beat her in a 5k. In July of 2007 I took it upon myself for Mark that I would train for 6 weeks and beat her in a 5k for him. That first race in Valley City I came in 5 seconds behind her, the very next weekend I got her by exactly 1 minute. I really never expected to keep up the running at that point but look what happened. I ran 4 5k's and 1 10k in 2007. Then came 2008.

I ended up really enjoying running and in Jan. 2008 we set a goal of running a half marathon in April 2008. That race went well (1:43) and then soon after that we set a new goal, the Akron Road Runner Marathon. From not ever running to running a marathon in less than 14 months, I'd have to thank my wife Marsha and my friend Chuck for this. Now what is my next goal, ??? what's left maybe an ultra sometime this year, Frank would love to get me into one of these but I think I'll try another marathon or 2 before I think of anything like that. My first full year of running in 2008 was a great year and I look forward hopefully to a new year of PR's in 2009.

In 2008 I ran:

22 - 5K's - 19:12 PR

1 - 4 miler - 26:46 PR

3 - 10K's - 42:16 PR

6 - 1/2 marathons - 1:37:59 PR

1 - marathon - 3:52:23 PR

2 comments:

Dan D. said...

Nice job Ladd! That's a lot of races. I guess I didn't realize you just began running in '07. You've really accomplished a lot. Keep it up!

Dan D. said...

Thanks. It does get a bit tedious running around that thing. And hot. I'm usually dripping not too far into my runs. I don't know if the Stratus is my favorite, but I know it works very well, and I have confidence in it. I plan on being at the meeting Monday. I won't be able to make the group run beforehand. I will be bringing the logo designs I have so far for whoever is there to look at. Maybe narrow it down to a few directions so I can begin refining it.