Sunday, January 11, 2009

9 miles accomplished


Well the Storm hit!! We were hit with about a foot of snow yesterday. It was a great relaxing day! had to do cross training for my training schedule, which worked out well, can you say Shoveling? it was a good workout and I sure feel it in my arms today!

Got the 9 miles in today on snow covered roads, some were better than others, but all in all it was a great run! Ran with Lisa and Ladd, Ladd continued on to do . . . . I don't know yet as he hasn't returned (16 miles).

It is very beautiful outside! Perfect sled riding day if I still had kids who enjoyed that kind of thing but they are too old, how sad!

This is going to be a trying week for my training schedule as over the next 6 days we are expecting highs in the teens 2 days and highs in the single digits 2 days. BRRRRR! Oh well! Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I do believe I will get out and run a few miles before the snowstorm hits that is supposed to hit tomorrow evening, and rest one of the really cold days, later in the week!

2 comments:

Dan D. said...

Congrats on going outside yesterday. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm going to the track tonight to get some miles in. Not looking forward to the cold. I may end up at the Rec! Oh, and my 5K PR, without having it in front of me, was in the high 21 minute range from back in 1991 or something. I should be able to beat that these days! At least I hope I can.

Dan Horvath said...

Wow - 9 and 16 miles on that morning is some accomplishment. Nice going.