Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ashland Blizzard Busters 5k




Great day for a race! This is my third time to run this race and the first two times the route was very icy, today, no ice, it was great! The temperature.... was 18 degrees..... Brrrr, but a-okay once we started running! My goal today was to break 24 minutes (I was over 25 on this course in 2007 and 2008), which I did with a 23:56 and won first in my age group! YEH!! Kyle struggled a bit today, because he hasn't ran since Thanksgiving. Ladd did well with a 21:11 (21st overall) coming in right behind his friend Pete. He took 2nd in his age group behind Pete (way to go Pete!). This race is always ran well, very smoothly. It was the first year they didn't have chip timing, but they had the results very quickly, still amongst the best ran races! Great venue. Held at a church, with plenty of room to stay warm before and warm up after the race. They have nice door prizes, which I have never won.... but today all three of us won one. Kyle won 2 orders of wings at BW3, I won a box of 8 plain Gu's, and Ladd (lucky, lucky Ladd) won 4 rounds of golf at The Westfield Country Club, this is a great gift for him, he is very excited! All in all a great way to start the new year!

No comments: