Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Rough Week

I ran on the treadmill for the first time this season on Monday, it was to cold outside for me. So I figured I'd run til Marsha got home with our Monday night dinner. I warmed up then did something Chuck and I have done a time or 2 on the road, I ran 1 minute at a 6 minute pace, as fast as our machine will go and then 1 minute at around a 9 min. pace then fast again and felt pretty good. I did this 4 times til I got too sweaty and did my cool down til I saw Marsha pull in. So I hopped off and grabbed 2 pieces of Geppetto's pizza, ate'm and went to take a shower but felt a little funny. A slight stomach discomfort until after I showered then I was almost ill. I would have thought food poisoning but noone else got sick. I woke up at 6:15 to get ready for work and could hardly keep on my feet. I would have called off sick but really didn't want to miss the meeting scheduled for the end of the day so I went to work and it was a bad day all around. I felt like I was going to throw up all day, then came the meeting where 15 more co-workers got the news of their lay-offs. A really bad day. I ended up sleeping almost 12 hours after work on Tuesday, had to skip bowling too. No running Tuesday or Wednesday then Marsha asked me if I wanted to run speed work with her and Lisa in the back rec. center parking lot, so I ran from our house to the rec. , exactly 4 miles and felt my stomach beginning to rumble, I then ran 12 400's with the girls, 10 of them around 1:52 - 2:00 minutes and 2 middle ones at 1:21 and 1:27. Ended up with a little over 7 miles and still a little bothered with this stomach thing. Hopefully it will be better by the weekend when the cold weather makes it return after a couple nice days in the 30's. It's funny, before I was a runner 30's was cold and now it's warm.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Heard there was something going around. Hope you feel better.