Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Medina County Road Runners Meeting/Group Run


Monday, January 26th

We were meeting for a group run at 5:30 at Highland library. I was a little leary about running on the country roads in the dark, but it ended up being pretty good, it didn't get dark until the last 15 minutes or so. 11 people arrived, Pictured Left to right:
Frank, Roy, Ladd, Joe, Darren, Dan (another guy behind Dan I don't remember his name...) and me (three more arrived after the picture, Shannon, Patrick and Lisa). We did five miles the first three around 9:30 pace mile 4 at 8:30 and mile 5 at 7:45. OOPS.... I took the lead at 2.5 miles with Joe, and at that point I was the only lady still with the group..... As I always say "don't let it be said I held up the run...." but I guess I pushed it a bit fast. Oh well, good pick-up run! It was a great run, I got a chance to talk to almost everyone who ran, which I always enjoy! Catching up with everyone is great!

After the run was our monthly meeting, we had another 8 or 9 people show up for that. I know that Lisa and I aren't in the picture and 3 or 4 people arrived after I took the picture. We had a great speaker on how to run your first marathon. Lots of discussion on the 5k/10k this summer and on the new Logo for the club of which Dan came up with many great ideas some of the discussion got the logo options down to 5 of which Dan is going to Dr. up a little, then we will put them in our newsletter and have a vote. I hope that we can all get new shirts for this years race season, and maybe a banner for when we are at local races, to get new people interested in the group! It was great to talk to two new ladies I hadn't met before and one lady who has been a member for a long time I just hadn't met (Kim). It was great to congratulate Jade and find out she is 4 months along! What a great group we have!


1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Reese's Peanut Butter is OK because they roast they're own peanuts! We took the tour when we were in Hershey, PA last summer. Lots of fun.

Count me in for the run on Sunday. I'll also try to have the logo drawings ready for you then too.