Thursday, May 28, 2009

A break from work for some Speedwork

I have missed speedwork for about 6 straight weeks due to 12 hour shifts at work always scheduled on Tuesdays but this week with Memorial Day on Monday, Tuesday was the first day of the week and they could hardly tell us to work 12 with no notice, so we worked our 12 today instead. 8 of us showed up for speedwork (Ladd, Marsha, Kyle, Dan H., Connie, Bob P., Frank, and Denise) Marsha and Denise did their thing and Connie and Bob planned our torture. I had to read Dan's blog to get an idea how many 200's we did, he says we did 24 and I'll go with that as I lost count by mid way. We did 1/2 of them and then jogged one lap. We did every 200 somewhere between 47 and 43 second with the last 5 progressively faster by a second or two at least until the last one when Bob says now 42 seconds and I had to let him go ahead of me. The distance and time were not a problem but the "BREAK" in between was, we would finish a 200 and maybe 2-4 seconds later we were off again. It was a tough workout and it would have been easy to drop off earlier except after listening to Connie and Bob say they ran 4 hours Sunday and 4 hours Monday I was not about to stop. I ran maybe 2 hours over the weekend to their 8 not that I'm even in the same category as them but I still wasn't stopping if I could help it.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Wow! I don't feel so bad for missing the workout now that I know what you were all doing!