Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Easy Run ?

As per my last post we were to do a 8-10 mile easy run this weekend but like normal we didn't quite do that. That is one reason I thought that we should run with the ladies and be forced to run at a slower pace. Dan and I ended up running at 11:00 and going out into a wind advisory, the 1st 6 miles seemed like we were being greatly slowed by the wind then the last couple miles heading back towards home we went alot faster than we thought and at one point felt like we were running faster than 5K pace as the wind threw us forward. We got back and I still thought that the 7:55 pace on my GPS had to be wrong as I was thinking we ran about a 8:30 pace but both our GPS's confirmed we did sub 8 minute miles.
Today, Mothers Day, we slept in and then got up for that easy run I was supposed to do and we ran 6 miles at a 8:38, must have been tired from yesterday cause it still felt like a workout.
Now for a taper week, I'm planning on running Tuesday and Thursday for 3 miles and resting til the big day. Just looked at the weather and Saturdays nights low is 58 and race days high is 68.

No comments: