Saturday, May 23, 2009

Group Run, May 24, 2009

Almost 1 week since the Cleveland Marathon and only one 3 mile run and a group run scheduled for this morning. 8 or 9 people in attendance and all were there for the 5 mile run except Bill and I, I may have opted to do just the 5 but Bill drove all the way up from Canton and I thought no way would I drive that far for a fun/training run and only run 5 miles so we kept going on the Chippewa route after everyone else turned around. It was a nice morning and almost no air movement so it got a little warm in the direct sun but was nice and cool when there was shade. I felt pretty good til about mile 8 or 9 and then those fatigued muscles started getting that feeling coming on. We finished in 1 hour and 31 minutes for exactly 10 miles and averaged just over 9 minute miles which would normally be slower than I would go but it felt like a work out just to get to 10. Marsha ran back out and found us and ran back in with us and she got in 7 for the day. Looks like I'll run every other day for another week and just keep the miles low til this soreness goes away and stays away.

No comments: