Friday, May 15, 2009

Cleveland Taper

My plan for this week was to run 2 or 3 days all easy to be ready for a PR Sunday. I ended up working a couple 12 hours days and a 10 so it was easy to not run much this week, so it worked out well. Marsha and I ran 4 easy miles Wednesday after work and tonight we ran another easy 4 before our runners meeting with Bart Yasso. It was a good talk by Bart and at the end I talked to him about Facebook and he remembered my name and a couple posts I made which was pretty neat as he has 2000 friends on FB as of today. He answered my post just in the last day or so. Marsha will post the picture of us with him later. I took off today at 11 and we followed Charles and Tara to Cleveland and had lunch at the Great Lakes Brewing Company. I tested 3 of their beers but didn't like any of them and then ordered a Pale Ale that was pretty good but I stick to light beer still. We then went to the expo and spent a couple hours there and got a couple good deals on shirts and gu's and a nice new pair of winter gloves and I try out on the next cold morning. Sadly, Marsha cannot run the half due to her very high blood pressure but Charles found someone that wanted to run and paid us the full price for her entry since they are sold out. Chuck waited to long and now can't run either as they closed the half but there is going to be a waiting list if you spend the day at the expo to try and get in. It's looking to be a perfect day for a marathon now we just need a perfect run on that perfect day. 1 day and 8 hours to go.

No comments: