Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25, 2009 Memorial Day (Our 18th Anniversary)

Marsha and I got up this morning on our 18th anniversary and went for a run with Janet. Last year we went for a 17 mile run on our 17th anniversary but it helped that we were in marathon training. Marsha and Janet were going for a 5 mile run so I parted ways with them around 3 miles and ended up getting to the Memorial day parade just as it was entering the cemetery so I walked from there til after the square as I kept running into people I knew. I ran 8 miles at a 8:30 pace and felt a little better than I did Saturday morning. Hoping to do speed work tomorrow night if all feels well. Spent the rest of the afternoon doing a little yard work and power washing the whole deck til it was time to get cleaned up and have a nice picnic with the family. What a beautiful Memorial Day weekend, sunny and warm every day.

No comments: