Sunday, March 15, 2009

The New Season Has Begun

This week was a week of firsts for the season, 1. did speedwork for the first time this season on Wednesday evening, Ladd, Marsha, Chuck, Dan D. and Frank atending. It was a good work out for my 1st outing, probably a little to fast being we did a 200 to start then 400's with 200 recoveries and 800's with 400 recoveries. Our first 800 at 2:59 then 3:00 and 3:23 and I don't think I ever ran an 800 under 3:00. Now I just have to keep doing our weekly speedwork and hopefully we'll have some new PR's for 2009.
2. Saturday was our first Subway Challenge series race in Louisville, the Louisville Leoprachaun 5K. Their biggest race yet with 323 entrants, I tried to sprint to the finish line when I saw the clock but missd breaking 20 minutes by seconds with a time of 20:02 finishing 33rd overall and 2nd in my age group, Marsha finished in 22:59 in 93rd overall and 2nd in her age group and also breaking 23 minutes for only the second time ever. I now owe her a backrub due to a bet I made her, I told her I would beat her by 1 minute for every mile we ran ( 3 minutes ) and I guess I lost being I only beat her by 2 minutes 57 seconds. Next up Super Saturday in Strongsville.
Today I picked up Charles, Chris R. and Chuck and we ran almost 8 miles in Peninsula with Connie's group. The hills we ran up were enormous. Glad I had a tee time that I had to get back to because the 4 of us left after the 1st loop and Connie's group went back out for another pass.

No comments: