Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Mileage Records in March

I have always counted my weekly mileage from Sunday to Saturday just because it's straight across one line on the calendar but maybe I should do Monday to Sunday so I don't get 2 long runs in one week. But last week I just happened to do a long one on Sunday one week and Saturday this week with a couple 9 mile days in between and skipped right over the 50 mile mark and hit 60 last week, previous best was in the 40's. I also hit 155 miles for the month of March and that has to be well over any other month.
Saturdays long run at Hinckley was one of the harder long runs I've ever done, but those hills will make us stronger when the Akron Marathon comes around again. Dan and I met Chuck and Charles at 8am and we all ran some miles together, C and C ran about 11 I'm guessing and we ran 21-22 or more but not sure exactly cause Mr. Garmins were not catching a great signal on all those hills and it will only get worse when the leaves fill in soon.
April will be here in just one hour and it should be a good running month with a couple half marathons and the Nashville Country Music Marathon near the end of the month.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

That's a lot of miles! They are adding up quickly right now.