Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lots of Miles and Rest Days, Last Week of March 2009

Sunday afternoon we had a group run starting at our house with 9 people in attendance running anywhere between 10 and 21 miles. Marsha's group of 5 ran 10 miles while my group of 4 ran varying distances. Dan and I had planned on doing 19 but talked and decided that maybe we would do a bit more. Our 4 some was me, Dan, Chuck and Charles. Charles ran our Chippewa loop of 11.7 miles and left when we arrived back at my house, Chuck ran that loop plus the almost 2.7 miles back to his house (14.4 total miles) because when he got to my house he locked his keys in his car. Dan and I kept going from Chucks house circling the hilly south side of town and reached 21 miles before we got back to my house in about 3 hours averaging somewhere around a 8:38 pace for the entire run. It's fun to tell non running friends we did this because they think it is insane as my old high school friend told me. I took the next 2 days off to recoup as I knew we would be doing speedwork again on Wednesday evening. We had a nice turn out tonight with Chris Rolling making his speedwork debut along with Charles Elkins, Chuck Damman, Frank Dywer, Dan DeRosha and myself. We did almost 9.5 miles while doing 7 800's averaging I'd say about 3:07 per 800. Now it's time for another one of those rest days but I will be running Friday with Marsha for her marathon pace run and probably Saturday morning. With 2 runs this week and 2 coming up it could be a record week with 30 miles already racked up. A record week possible with 3 rest days in there.

No comments: