Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Has Arrived

Monday was March 2 and I don't like to take 2 days in a row off so I decided to go for a run even though it was pretty cold, so what I ran a half marathon in the mid teens but this was cold. When I left it was maybe 18 out but the windchill I later found out was below ZERO, the first 5 miles out really weren't to bad but the last 3 heading home were insanely cold. Ran the 8 mile loop on the Chippewa trails in 1hour and 2 min. (7:50 pace), when I walked in the door I could barely untie my shoe laces. After getting the shoes off and looking for volunteers to help me warm my hands, Kyle said my hands were colder than ice, I called the dog and the cat over and and petted them til I could feel my fingers again. Off Tuesday, and today, Wednesday I ran 4 miles in 30 min. 44 seconds (7:44 pace) and it was about 38 degrees but it was amazingly warm compared to Monday and the forecast is looking up. Friday I have plans to run 10 miles with a 5k possible on Sat. but not looking good unless Marsha gets better soon and a group run early Sunday morning for ten miles with the group with a couple of us going on to get in 17 for the day. How many people will do the 17 with us Dan D.?

2 comments:

Dan D. said...

I don't know. That's a good question. I would say only those intending to that far. I don't think anyone's going to jump to the distance who isn't ready for it. I'm looking forward to the warm weather!

Clifford Running said...

I'll be home about 3:15 and ready by 3:30. See you tomorrow.