Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What a taper week in mid February

This is my taper week before the Last Chance for Boston Marathon this Sunday. Marsha and I ran 4 miles Monday at around a 9:30 pace, then according to her book I was supposed to do 4 miles at marathon pace Tuesday so I put on shorts and a long sleeve shirt and ran 4.5 miles a tad to fast. 1-7:44 2-7:45 3-7:58 4-7:20 , I hope to try for a 8:15 to 8:30 pace in this marathon but of course it's been in the 50's and 60's today and Sundays high is supposed to be in the mid 30's but I can't complain about that really for this time of year. Today I should have taken a rest day but it was just to warm, I did 3 easy miles in just over 25 minutes. Tried to get Marsha to go and even waited for her to get home but she wasn't feeling up to it after her long run this weekend and her many 400's in speedwork last night. I'll take tomorrow and Saturday off with just a few slow miles on Friday and hopefully be ready for a new PR on Sunday. My only goal in this weather for now is to try and beat my only marathon time of 3:52, then again if I can beat that then I really would want to break into the 3:40's, so my official goal is 3:49:59 0r better.

2 comments:

Dan D. said...

Good luck Sunday Ladd! We're certainly having unpredictable weather this year. Hopefully you'll get decent weather on race day. I'm sure you'll do great!

Dan Horvath said...

Hey Ladd,

I hope the weather gods are with you for Sunday's race. I'm sure you'll do well.

Cheers,

Dan