Saturday, February 7, 2009

One Week Into February

Spring is inching closer and it's feeling like it in early February, it was almost 50 today. After our group run last Sunday Marsha and I ran 4 miles Monday night before we picked up pizza and Tuesday afternoon I did my test run for the Prediction run that we ran this morning. On Tuesday I headed out and did a mile warm up and then cleared the gps and ran 3.1 miles in 22:49. Not to bad for being in a situation that there is no reason to push myself. My prediction for todays 5k was 21:55 but after we arrived in Cuyahoga Falls and found out that the course was full of ice/snow/water and lots of turns I knew that my time would be hard to hit. The race had 270 people (largest crowd ever for this race) and we ended up starting in the middle of the pack which was way to slow for the first half mile, after the starting pack broke up a little I was able to pick up the pace quite a bit but still had lots of slow downs with all the turns.
I ended up finishing in 22:48 and finishing in 72nd place of the 270. Marsha predicted 24:44 and finished in 26:37 and 141st place. After the race we headed to Rochne's for breakfast and the awards. We had a good showing from the Medina County Road Runners today with 6 of us in all showing up today. Bill Henry also attended (my subway running buddy) and Dan S. from work and his brother also ran.

No comments: