Sunday, February 8, 2009

15 miler

Lisa and I have been doing most of our long runs and speed work together training for Nashville. Today was 15 which is the furthest she has ever gone (before today, the furthest was 13.1). We had wonderful weather 36 degrees and overcast (who else but a northerner would call that great weather). We met at Bonnie Park in Strongsville and headed north on the path. We made it 2.5 miles then had to turn around because the road was flooded (over a foot of thawing snow will do that), that was about the only problem we ran into. Lisa did great. She was a real trooper, ran into some leg cramping problems at around mile 12 (yes, Lisa I did hear you, I was just "ignoring" you... sort of, just didn't want to make it worse by talking about it!). It was great!

Today, Ladd did 10 miles with Chuck as he is tapering for his marathon next week. After today's run he feels more than ready for it! Good Luck Ladd!!

The plan is that I will run 12 miles of the marathon with him next Sunday. Guess I will count it as a tempo run.

1 comment:

Dan Horvath said...

Marsha,

I hope your foot's ok. Let me know how the stick works. If it doesn't, Joe can recommend a good podiatrist.

Ladd, good luck with your tapering. I hope you have good weather for the race.

Nice going to both of you on the prediction run.

Dan