Sunday, February 22, 2009

After Marathon Recovery/Rest Week

UNTIL TODAY, I took 3 days off after the marathon and ran for the first time on Thursday, just a real easy 3 miles at about a 10 minute pace. I never run that slow but was a little cautious and a little sore. Then took Friday off and went out to dinner with Mike and Jane. We went to Ruby Tuesday and I had ribs and chicken for the 2nd time there and can't wait til I can have them again, some of the best ribs I've ever had. The group run was scheduled for Sunday at 11:00 and we wanted to check out the Chippewa intlet trail and see if it was passable. So Saturday Marsha and I drove down to Buckeye Woods and parked and ran the trail only, the first 2 miles were directly into the strongest wind we could remember running in, about 19.5 minutes and then 2 miles back with a huge push on the back in about 16 minutes. A little wet and muddy but ok for Sunday's run. We had a nice showing again for our group run with 9 people running, it was 22 degree's but after the first mile I warmed up quick, we ran almost 10 miles with the last 2 around a 7:40 pace (Dan D. and I were doing our best to catch Bill H.) and it felt good to feel almost back to normal just one week after the marathon. Attendees today: Left to right Back Row: Dan D., Bill H., Ladd, Denise Y., Lisa G., Front Row: Marsha, Pete M., Don G., and Chuck D.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......