Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Did it . . .

Inland Trail Goal of breaking 1:50.....
It was a very boring run!! Ladd ran with me for the first three miles. I asked him repeatedly to please leave me, but he didn't until mile 3, (he broke 1:40) I was all alone for the rest of the race, the next person in front of me was over 100 yards ahead of me. In the middle of the race I felt like I was running very slowly miles, with noone in front of me to push me. Apparently I wasn't, I finished in 1:47:34, first in my age group and 53rd person across the finish line.
It was a beautiful race! The scenery was very pleasant! But there is noone out on the course to cheer anyone on! I don't believe I would ever run the full marathon here, I think I would be so very bored by the end! But it was nice and flat! Running the half we had the wind in our face the whole way, so the full marathon had the benefit of wind at their back for the first 1/2 (the 1/2 marathon runners were bussed out to the 1/2 way point). I will do the 1/2 here again, it was a very well run race! Thank you Ladd for running the first 3 miles with me!
Congrats to my friends Phil, Jean, and Dan who ran the 1/2 and Dan and Rebecca who ran the full!