Friday, November 7, 2008

Speed Work

For the past 2-4 weeks I have been making a conscious effort to improve my training. Make it more rounded... I have been doing strength training once a week for the past 4 weeks (I know I should try for 2 x a week, but haven't gotten there yet), I can tell it is working as I am not as sore this week as I was the first week! I have also gone to speed work each of the past 2 weeks. But, there hasn't been speed work as both tracks have been occupied by soccer and football. So last week is was Dan H, Brittany and I and we did a 5 mile loop including some nice hills, running through Reagan Park, this week is was Dan D and I and we did the same run, but it felt totally different than last week as the time changed. It was dark, very very dark! I did bring my headlamp, which did help, but it was a bit spooky! Dan seems like a very nice guy, but it was different running in a park with a man I barely know, then we are running up this hill in the darkest part of the park and Dan says "this is like a scene straight out of a horror flick...." wow that put it into perspective!
Great to get to know you Dan!
Next week I will drive by the Root Middle school track before coming maybe we can do speed work there for a couple weeks or until the track at Claggett and the High School aren't occupied.

No comments: