Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Speed Work at Claggett

Marsha , Kyle and I went to do speedwork tonight , it was pretty chilly with all of us dressed in running pants and 2 shirts or so , when we get there Dan H. is in shorts. Dan and another fella , Pete J. were already there warming up when we arrived , so we warmed up a bit and started the hard stuff. Lisa G. showed up so her MC and KC ran together and Dan and I ran together. Dan said here's what I have planned, We did a mile in 6:38 - my quick drink of water , then a slow lap then 3 laps ( 1200 ) in 4:50 . slow again then 2 laps (800) in 3:06. I had to work pretty darn hard to keep up with Dan but it was a really good work out. I need to try and do this a few more times before dec. 6 and hope for some good weather for the Ashland half. I ran down to the bowling alley for a quick visit to see how they were doing with out me and to catch some grief for running instead of bowling. They didn't need me, they shot 1190 the 1st game.

1 comment:

Dan Horvath said...

Nice running with you. It was a good workout.

It now looks like I may be able to make it next week, but I realize that you may need to be bowling.