Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Great Weekend for Running


I know Ladd already talked about the race he ran so I want to talk about other running in the Clifford family....

Saturday, September 19th Kyle ran in a cross country meet in Galion Ohio. He did so great! His PR before this was 21:40+-. He was told that he would most likely PR at this race and most of the boys did, but I would bet none PR'd by as much as Kyle. Kyle passed the 1 mile mark at 6:28, then 2 miles at 13:00 so he was definately holding his pace.... but wait... he actually went faster in the last 1.1 miles with a final time of 19:33! WOW Kyle Great going!! You should have seen his face! He really couldn't believe he did it! I was crying, he just amazed me so much!!! I am so proud of him!



On Sunday Charles Elkins and I ran 22 miles on the Tow Path. This is the first time I have done a run like this. Ladd dropped us off in Akron at Sand Run and we ran on the path all the way to Independence where Tara picked us up after 22 miles of running! It was great! Just a different experience to run Point to Point! My Garmin link for the run is attached. We did not stop our garmins at all during the run (ooh except when we had to wait for a large group of horses to pass us) counted all our breaks in the time and got a 9:26 pace overall which makes me think we will be able to achieve our goal in Niagara Falls on October 25th of running the marathon in under 4 hours (barring any extreme wind or stomach ailments (which we are both prone to). We will make our goals!

No comments: