Sunday, September 13, 2009

2 Weeks to Go

The Akron Marathon is less than 2 weeks out and it's time for lots of people to start tapering. This has been my favorite training for any marathon yet as we have been running with a great group of people and many are doing their first marathon at Akron. It's been great to be some help in getting someone to be ready for their first marathon. Yesterday I met Jeannine, Janet and Roseann at 5:30 am to go for a 13 mile run. Marsha was planning on a long run Sunday with Charles so she declined but also would never want to start that early given a choice. I did my normal and woke up about 3 and just couldn't sleep so I got up and got ready. The 4 of us ran 13 miles on the south side of Medina and I thought my leg pain was finally gone but minutes after Jeannine left Janet's house it began to get sore just like after the last half marathon. I had a visit with Joe later that morning and he got to see how it's been after my runs. He worked on it for a bit and said to keep running easy on it and come back next week. It was a bit sore but I had the chance to go to the last training run at the site of the NorthCoast 24 so I was going, even if I only did a few miles I wanted to see the course once before October 3. I got up again at 3 am , picked up Frank and Dan and arrived at Edgewater at 5. Frank and I did 15 miles and Dan 17. It was a cool 53 degrees and a great morning for a run til the sun came out and we were bombarded with millions of insect for about an hour and had thousands of birds flocking to our path when someone fed them bags of bread. I finished this run with no problem but still the same soreness that keeps coming back after running, hopefully I can get this taken care of before Akron and the other 2 big events coming up. Saturday Marsha and I spent the afternoon at Kyle's cross country meet in Tiffin where he had another great PR of 21:15.

No comments: