Friday, September 25, 2009

Akron Marathon Taper Week

The time has arrived, 1 year ago today I had never run a marathon and tomorrow I will run number 5. Again I fought an injury almost right up to the week before this race, last year the nagging IT injury and this year the tendon in my left leg but my ever so helpful running Doc. Joe has come through again and I feel 100% as of 1 week ago. What timing, I feel so lucky. My taper was of a bit lower mileage than normal but at a higher intensity than of late because of the injury. I ran to Jeannines Monday night at a pretty good pace then did 3 more miles with them. I was working 12 hour shifts most of the week so I was forced to run a couple times after 7 in the dark. I like running in the dark and was more energized than I thought I would be after a long day at work. Wednesday evening I ran 4 miles in 28:50 which was a bit fast but I felt so good at a 7:11 pace then Thursday night ran3 more miles and tried to run at mine and Jeannines scheduled marathon pace but ended up a little fast on that also at 24:53 (8:17 Pace). Today Jeannine , Janet, Marsha and I went to the Spaghetti Warehouse and had a nice luch then to the Expo where we ran into quite a few runners we knew. Now my biggest goal is to get to bed soon so I can possibly get 6 hours of sleep cause I know I will be up for good most likely before by 3 am with all the anticipation of a big run not letting me sleep these days. 3:59 is the goal for tomorrow and next Saturday is the Northcoast 24.

No comments: