Sunday, June 7, 2009

A New Record High Week

Starting this month I will be counting my mileage starting on Monday and ending on Sunday so I won't get 2 long runs in a week as before I was going Sunday thru Saturday and could get 2 long runs in during that week. This week just happened to set a new record with 7 on Tues., 5 Wed., 15 Thurs., 5 Sat., and 15.5 today = 47.5 miles for the week. 50 will come but I'm not trying to break this record quite yet. We ran the Relay for Life 5k in Brunswick yesterday and it was pushing 70 at race time. I finished in the top 10 with a 20:17 but have not seen any results yet to verify and Marsha finished in 24 flat and won her age group, I was second. Then there's Kyle, I helped him to a great new pr last weekend and he takes almost the entire week off and comes out this week and Mom passes him in mile 2 and beats him. Sure heat was a factor cause he has run very little in the warmth but now he better get out and run some more so he can beat his mom again next time. We stayed up a bit late last night with our bonfire and didn't get to bed til 1:00 but managed to get up and out the door by 9:30 and ran 13.5 miles together then I ran a couple more to go see Jim A. for a total of 15.5 miles.

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

previuos record was a 60 mile week but that included 2 weekend long runs when I couted Sunday to Saturday