Friday, June 26, 2009

Matchstick 4-Mile 06/26/09

This evening Marsha, Kyle and I ran the Matchstick in Wadsworth. It 's race directors are MCRR members and friends we have made running, Kim, Randy and Bob. It was 79 degrees when we arrived about an hour before the race. We are still waiting for results to be posted but I PR'd with a 26:07, Marsha was close with a 31:25 and Kyle was, well he took the week off and he didn't do well, walking alot of the last mile he says, came in a little over 37 minutes just as I was headed out to look for him. I warmed up with Marsha , Kyle, Rachel and Dan H. and got some good news from Dan, he will be going with me Sunday morning to the Columbia Station Half. Rachel told me at speed work Tuesday night that she would be around 30 minutes in the 4 mile which sort of made me laugh as she keeps up with us during speed work and I told her she would beat 30 easy and she did coming in less than 20 seconds behind me. I also need to thank Denise Young for a great race, she passed me around the 2 mile mark and I hung with her to the end, Matt met her in the last 1/4 mile and was encouraging her to pick it up and beat her time from 2 years ago and it was down to the last 50 yds. when I gave it all I had left to get past her by a single second, without her push that last mile I'm sure I would have been a bit slower the last mile. I placed 2nd in my age group and 32nd overall of maybe 300 people.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Nice job! Sounds like a great event.