Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still Christmas week

We took Xmas day off then Lisa came over Fri. morning (cold and windy)and we ran the black trail to Chippewa Rd. . There we parted for 1.5 miles and I ran to Lake Rd. down to 162 and back to the trail while the girls just back tracked on the trail for their 5 miles , that gave me 6 miles and a short time of some faster speed. With the group run planned for Sun. I would have taken Sat. off except for the fact that is was 62 degrees outside and I could run it shorts in late Dec. 2008. Also I was home alone for a few hours so I went. I decided to run both the black trails to see the condition before the group run and found that the Buckeye Woods trail down by Chippewa was flowing like a river in some spots. I passed a girl on the trail that told me it was deep farther down and it was, about 4-5 inches as I went thru it and got my socks soaked, by the time I got home I had a small blister under my left toe. Coming up to Ryan right at 8 miles I see the girl I crossed paths with 4 miles ago heading into the development behind our house. She ran the same 8 miles I did just in the other direction. Her name was Jen, told her about the MCRR's and about tomorrow's group run.

No comments: