Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I took Sunday (bitter cold) and Monday off (had to take kids to doc's appointments)and still cold.
Tuesday Chuck and I head out at 9:00 am to run the blacktop trails to Chippewa and it is very cold, 16-18 degrees with an even colder windchill. We did 8 miles in just over 1:10. The last 2 miles felt like work running uphill and into the wind.
Wednesday Marsha and I head out to do 5 miles, we were trying to wait for a break in the weather and headed out at 12:30, a 1/2 mile in it was down pouring and I offered to turn around right away but Marsha didn't respond so we kept going. The heavy rain only lasted a few minutes but it was another windy day so we kept zig zagging to avoid the wind often. We got in our 5 but I felt overly tired, I think I keep my head down in the wind and cut off just enough air supply that it affects me and 8 yesterday may have had something to do with it.
So today is Christmas and it was supposed to be cold again, high of 22 but it's almost 30 out and I ask Marsha if we want to go for a run before dinner at 5:00 and she says I thought you were taking today off. After thinking about how I felt yesterday and after reading Dan Horvath's blog I think yep it's a rest day. I need about 25 miles before the year ends to hit 1200 miles for the year which should be pretty easy with some rather warm weather heading our way. HOHOHO

No comments: