Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ashland 1/2 marathon

December 6th. . . what a cold blustery day! 18 degees with a wind chill of 8 degrees! at times the snow looked as though it was falling horizontally. The first and the last miles were the worst! I warmed up after mile one and mile 13 was all into the wind. I got blisters, I don't understand! I mean I have gotten blisters before, at Akron Marathon and a few really long training runs but not in the same spots I got them this time. I wore shoes that I have been running in for a while, they have 244 miles on them. I also dealt with a major sore foot, the top of my right foot hurt during running and has hurt for the past 3 days, I haven't run since, may try tomorrow. I did well and enjoyed myself! :) I had a finish time of 1:53:53 not a PR by any means, but with the cold cold weather, the snow, the wind and oh did I mention that the entire course was uphill? ha ha but really there were many many hills! I will do it again!

No comments: