Friday, December 4, 2009

My Second 24 Hour Run 12/04/2009

The Freedom Park 24 Hour Endurance Run is New Year's Eve in North Carolina. I only knew about this race because I must have heard Connie or Bob talk about it at Connie's b-day party. Tuesday morning Jeannine, Roberta and I were to do the usual early run and Dan H. set it up as a event run with Dan B. also attending. While we were running I casually mentioned it to Dan H. and told him to think about it, me being barely serious about it but by that afternoon I got a message from Dan, I'm in if you are. Woe, what did that say, I sent him back a message and said I better talk to Marsha first. Dan mentioned peer pressure I think he got it all wrong, he's in and now the pressure was on me. He was doing track work that night and I knew Dan D. was going so I asked Dan H. to talk to him about it but I couldn't wait so I texted him and told him about it and can you believe they were both signed up before me. Mike Keller is also sounding like he is going to go too. 4 weeks to go til my second 24 hour run , Kyle said I need to get my head looked at and my bowling friends will never understand why I would want to do this again and maybe even some running friends being I passed out at the end of the last one and was on crutches for four days. I plan to end this one a little different and get to enjoy breakfast after this one and of course walk away on my own two feet. Marsha and I will be spending our first New Year's apart since we met and probably the last but it should be a very memorable New Year's spent with some great running buddies. Look out North Carolina here comes the Medina County Road Runners. I ran every day in November and ended my streak after running Tuesday morning Dec. 1 where all this started. I took the last 3 days off just for some rest before the Ashland half tomorrow morning and to let my sore lower back heal up some more I hope.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

It's going to be a 24 hour PARTY! Or at least an adventure. Looking forward to it!