Sunday, December 13, 2009

24 Hour Training Week

The Freedom Park New Year's Eve 24 hour ultra is less than 17 days away and this was my big training week to get ready for this run. I ran 75 miles this week, one of my top 5 highest weeks ever. Monday, Tuesday and Friday morning I ran at 5 am. We changed up the normal 5 am 6 mile route Monday and ran right down the center of town on 42 til Harding St. then back, then Tuesday Jeannine came to our house and we ran out the Chippewa trail and then over to Ryan and back which is a very hilly 3 miles back. Friday was the coldest day I ever ran, at 5 am it was maybe 14 degrees with a windchill below zero but we ran the normal 6 mile route and arriving back at Roberta's house I tell Jeannine I never put my key outside my truck on these morning runs, I WILL NOW, as when I went to get in I couldn't. My keys were locked inside the truck and I had to be at work in 45 minutes, Roberta was nice enough to run me to my house and back to hers giving just enough time to get to work. Saturday morning Dan DeRosha and I ran the big Chippewa loop arriving back here at 13 miles then ran a loop around Medina hitting 21 miles just before noon and Marsha, Jeannine, Janet and Charles were running at 12:30 so I then went to Jeannines with Marsha and we all ran back this way to pick up Janet with me hitting 26.2 miles for the day. Overall a pretty good running week in December with a record cold day in there but then today happened, Dan D. and I met Dan H. in Hinckley at 5 am and ran 31 miles, it was warmer than it was Friday and Saturday but it rained on us after mile 5 all the way through mile 31. It was a good training run, if we can run 10 loops around that lake with all those hills and in all that rain any other run is gonna seem easy and we did this in 5:59 with lots of breaks at the truck. Not a bad 50k time considering Dan and I did 6:46 and Bill's Bad Ass 50k just a few weeks ago.

No comments: