Thursday, December 24, 2009

No Work and Lots of Running

I have to back up a little here, last Saturday I picked up Chuck and we met Debbie and all went to Penisula and met up with Dan H. and Dan D. to run 14 miles on the Tow Path. Sunday Chris Rolling calls me and wants to run the Reagan trail, probably not the best decision with 12 days til the 24 hour but we ran 7 miles on snow covered trail at about a 9:15 pace, it felt way faster. Monday was my 2nd annual Run to Marshas work half marathon. Jeannine met me here at 1:00 and we headed off to meet Janet at St. Francis, we arrived at 3:04 making it the 13.1 miles in just over 2 hours. Next year I think I will ride out to work with Marsha and run home. Tuesday Dan H. met me here at 5:30 and we ran to Robertas house then on to Debbies and ran 13 miles with them around Medina and back here for a total of 16 miles. This made 64 miles in the last 6 days and after that last one I have had a slight pain just under my hip that may be a IT issue but I'm not sure so I took yesterday off and then ran 6.4 miles with Jeannine this morning and felt pretty good. It's now Christmas Eve and I plan on taking tomorrow off and running the Tow Path again on Saturday and maybe part of Marshas run on Sunday. Then a 3 day taper with maybe a 3-4 run in there somewhere before we leave on Wednesday for North Carolina's Freedom Park 24 hour Ultra.

No comments: