Monday, November 23, 2009

The Day Before Our OBX Vacation Marathon + 11/20/2009

We were leaving for the Outer Banks on Saturday morning and I decided to take Friday off work. Chuck was also off on Friday so he asked me if I wanted to do a 20 miler on Friday morning. I was already running 6 miles with Jeannine, Roberta, Debbie and Dan B at 5 am but told Chuck I was in and that I was running a marathon on Friday morning then. I ran the first 6 miles between 5 and 6 then met Chuck at his house and we ran from there. We headed out on the same route I had run at 5 am but this time it seemed a little harder and a little windier. We headed down the Chippewa trails and down 162 where I ran up and surprised My Uncle Gary and talked to him for a minute or two. Then we headed out through Buckeye Woods and around the big open field then down towards Chippewa rd. and back towards my house but then we realized that we were gonna be a little long and ended our run just before we arrived back at Chucks house at 22 miles giving me 28 for the day. Friday night we made a stop at the Candlelight Walk and headed home to prepare for our long drive to the Outer Banks where we are now. It is now Nov. 23 and I have run every day this month with the intention of running every day but since arriving and sleeping on this super soft mattress I have been having back aches since yesterday when I tired to tie my shoes and had sudden pain that has not gone away yet. Thursday Marsha, Kyle and I will be running the OBX Turkey Trot 5k and I hope to give Kyle a hard time beating me but that may not be the case if the back ache doesn't go away by then. Only 3 days til Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

smilinggreenmom said...

Oh, sorry to hear about your backache! I get lower back aches since having our kiddos and pretty much rely on my heating pad and Topricin natural pain cream. I know what you are feeling. Hope you feel better soon though :)

Dan Horvath said...

You run way too much, Ladd. I do hope that Joe can do you some good.