Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stomp the Grapes 1/2 Marathon

Stomp the Grapes
We've run 4 half marathons now since april of this year and we must be getting better. All the talk about this half is how hilly and hard this course is, it was a tough course but after doing columbia station's half this summer nothing will ever seem hilly to me again. My friend Chuck and I ran together for about 8 miles today until he took off to see how many people he could pass in the last 5 miles, (he did 1:33) but he pushed me long enough to get me to a new PR of 1:37.59 over my previous best of 1:41.30. I knocked 3 1/2 minutes off my best time and Marsha knocked almost 5 minutes off hers and on a tough course. I think we will be doing the Inland Trail half in 2 weeks , really flat and fast they say. My thought is I will run the first half with Marsha and then take off and see if we can do our best's again or maybe I'll just help her to break 1:50.

2 comments:

Clifford Running said...

1:36:59
posted time on website

Dan Horvath said...

great job - both of you!

thanks again for the award.

I'm signing up for Inland Trail

Dan