Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stomp the Grapes 1/2 Marathon

What a great day for a 1/2 marathon. Stomp the Grapes 1/2 marathon is a well run / organized race with great food (including wine) and cool prizes! If you read my last post you know my goal was to break 1:50. My previous PR was 1:55 in Columbia Station in June, 2008. Today I ran....... 1:50:30... UGH... missed by goal by 30 seconds +- (exact time not posted yet) so I was upset to not break 1:50 as I intended, but wow it felt and I did great! It is a very hilly course and as Beth Woodward (a GREAT runner 1:29 or so today 2nd overall) said, this is not a course to go for a PR on.... but I did it and so did Ladd!!! but I will let him blog his own story! I will run it again next year, God willing! Oh, the prize, blue pottery, it is a huge/beautiful mug that says Stomp the Grapes 2008.

No comments: