Saturday, October 25, 2008

Highland Health Run 5k

Ran the Highland Health Run 5k today.... I finally broke the 23 mark yeh!!!! 22:44+- (results not posted yet). My son Kyle ran this 5k with us today. This was his 3rd road race and he has run 2 cross country meets, times so far have been 32, 27, 25, 27 and today..... HE BEAT ME BY 1 SECOND.... what a race! what a great job he did! I looked over my shoulder after mile 1 and there was Kyle, still running with me... The race ended on a track, Ladd told me to pick it up as I was going to PR, then I heard him talking to Kyle telling him to take it easy and pass me right at the finish.... wow, he was STILL right behind me. Around the final corner on the track I decide to pass the guy in front of me I go to his left and to his right was Kyle making his RACE to the finish, he passed the guy and me right before the finish line!!! wow what a race it was! WAY TO GO KYLE!!! I really didn't think that he would take me this year, but wow did he surprise me! Guess Ladd is next! WATCH YOUR BACK BABE!!!

CONGRATS TO ME FOR MY PR AND BIG CONGRATS TO KYLE!!

No comments: