Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last Chance for Boston 2011

The last Sunday in February is this race I've run now for three years. Marsha and I make it a one night getaway every year and head down to Dublin on Saturday for lunch, shopping and relaxing. We went to the mini expo and then I met Julie (the girl I helped carry across the finish line in Columbus for her bq) for a 3 mile run on the LCFB course. Saturday night we went out to dinner at a Italian restaurant where I got the all you can eat buffet and over ate a bit but it didn't seem to cause me any problems in the half. I went out at a 7 minute pace and just figured I'd try to hold on as long as I could. I ended up running a 1:31 half marathon (6:59 pace) coming in 19th of 195 and third in my age group even though they handed me the 2nd place award as I crossed the finish line. I finished the race then went and put on dry clothes and ran 8 more miles with Marsha as she was attempting to get her bq. I also ran the half at this race this year so I wouldn't be so sore going into the Green Jewel 50k 6 days later. 2011 MCRR LCFB attendees were Marsha, me, all 4 Elkins, Dan Daubner, Connie, Bob, Angie, Chris, Roberta and Jeannine as a pacer and cheerleader. Other friends, Mike Keller and Julie Whitis. Note for next year, we stayed at the Extended Stay of America right where the Marathon starts.

No comments: