Thursday, October 1, 2009

5 Day Taper before the NorthCoast 24

Having run the Akron Marathon last Saturday and 22 miles on Sunday I was more than ready for a nice slow week. It's now Thursday and I have not run for 3 days and was planning on running just a few miles today only before the big race day Saturday morning. I was planning on running 5 miles but was talked into running just 3-4 miles by Jeannine as she ran to my house and added a little on her way having 5 in by the time she arrived. She wanted to run 8 miles but we ended up running 4 together giving her 9 miles for the night and me 4. It seemed a little weird cause I am the one usually adding the miles by running to a run but she was the one running more. Now less than 24 hours til the NorthCoast 24.

Other big news, Jeannine who on last Saturday couldn't wait to end her marathon and was by far not happy at 3 hours into it and was retired as she told me later that day has now officially signed up for the Columbus Marathon. I asked her if she would like a pacer for her 2nd marathon and I officially signed up last night just before the price increase today.

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Nice Ladd! Looks like Medina will be representing in Columbus!