Sunday, August 16, 2009

Perfect 10 Miler 8/16/09

The Perfect 10 Miler was this morning at 7:30 am with the temps over 70 at 6 am but it was still a very good race me, the heat never helps but never seems to cause me much of a problem so far. There were 1o people from the Medina area with most being MCRR members and over half of us placing in our age groups. I ran the first mile with Debbie then took the next 2 miles trying to catch up with Dan H., Dan was running a really good pace so we ran together for at least 6 or more miles, around mile 6 we made the turn around and Dan says "this is where the race begins" and we take off. We both ran a negative split, I was 36 seconds faster in the second 5 miles and Dan was 8 seconds faster. A new distance race and a new pr of 1:08:12 which may stand for some time. I came in 52 nd overall of 458 runners and 3rd in my age group which got me a nice new hot chocolate mug. After our race ended Dan and I went out and found Marsha and ran her in and she finished strong passing a few people in the last 1/4 mile for a 1:24:56 and finished 209 th of 458 coming well in in the top 50% of runners. Then 4-5 of us went out for a cool down run of 2 more miles for a total of about 14 for the day so far and a planned evening run at 6pm of 10 more miles. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for the race strategy Dan.

No comments: