Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carolina Beach August 2009

We arrived here at the beach on August 1, Marsha and I did our long run of the week the next morning. We have been a little spoiled having such a cool summer in Ohio, we took off at 6:30 in the morning and bye the time we had 7 miles in we were soaked to the bone and Marsha was having revisit to the Nashville Marathon. We got our 18 miles in in close to 3 hours, then we arrived back at the beach house and I took off my socks and shoes and ran the next 2 miles on the beach in 14:41, a strong finish and near heat stroke, got a little dizzy in the last 1/2 mile. Monday evening I ran 6 miles on my own and 3 miles away thought I should have a phone or id on me as I was again soaked to the bone and had 3 miles to get home. This morning (Tuesday) Marsha and I got up at 6 and ran 4 miles together at a 9:15 pace before she had to stop as the heat and humidity was bad again, I kept going for 4 more miles around a 3/4 mile track and averaged a 7:30 pace then walked the half mile home because I was out of liquids. Thursday night I hope to join the Wilmington Road Runners for their speedwork and do some 1/2 mile and/or mile repeats with them but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to talk Marsha into going.

No comments: